Careers

Please wait, loading

Trainee Mental Health Workers - Band 3

Main area
TMHW
Contract
Fixed Term (Until January 2021)
Hours
Part time: 22.5 hrs per week
Job ref
306-CORP-TMHW-2020
Town
London
Salary
£19,737 to £21,142 per annum pro rata + Outer London HCAS
Closing
01/08/2020 23:59

Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.

In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care.

BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS), rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. This service treats and cares for people within the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions. We have also been appointed as the lead provider of forensic mental health services across North London managing the devolved New Models of care budget of £170m from 2018/19. NLFS delivers mental health care across some of the prisons and provides mental health services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury.

We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services and mental health liaison services in North Middlesex University Hospitals Trust.

Our values and quality improvement are at the heart of everything we do, please consider joining us.​

 

Are you interested in receiving  funded  Post-Graduate Training in Mental Health while you  also are earning?

A partnership arrangement between Middlesex University, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust and Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health, is offering an opportunity to earn a Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice while getting hands on work experience in mental health care.

Approximately 80% of our previous graduates have successfully moved into band 4 posts within the Trusts. The remaining 20% have continued in further education (e.g. topping up to a Masters qualification with the University) or been offered employment with other organisations.

Successful candidates will split their time between clinical and academic work.    Trainees  will receive a Band 3 pro-rata salary.  This programme is for you,  if you:

  • Hold a 2:2 degree or above
  • Possess excellent communication skills
  • Are a team player
  • Are a self-starter who is able to use your initiative
  • Are able to deliver compassionate care
  • Are passionate about mental health

Key Dates:

Webinar presentation by Recruitment Team  for questions and answers about the Programme will take place on 8th September 2020 17.00 – 18.30

Interviews will take place online during the month of October 2020

Course Commences          January 2021

Apprenticeships logoNo smoking policyPositive about disabled peopleMindful employer.  Being positive about mental health.Age positiveCare quality commission - GoodDisability confident committed

Applicant requirements

The postholder will have regular contact with vulnerable people and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.

Documents to download

To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).

Apply online now

Further details / informal visits contact

BEH - Sherida Mollabux - sherida.mollabux@nhs.net    (02087025919)

C&I - Cathy Peake - cathy.peake@candi.nhs.uk

 

NHS Choices

© 2013 - Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust

Powered by Sitekit CMS